Thursday, November 8, 2012

Candy Bar Blondies with MM's, too.


I had leftover Halloween Candy, because we only had 10 Trick or Treaters, but it broke our record of 9! What do you do with leftover candy besides eating it? You make Candy Bar Blondies. I also threw in the leftover Autumn MM's, which will soon be replaced with Christmas MM's. Oh, yes! I just bought my first Christmas present yesterday. Have you started your Christmas or Holiday shopping yet?


These bars have bites of melted candy bars, and  a crumbly cookie topped with MM's, so rich and gooey. The bars are made of of butter, flour, brown sugar, eggs, and chopped candy bars of your choice. Just be sure to grease or spray the pan very well, so the candy doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, just sayin'.  The bars are so goood! I have to hide these from Scott, so he doesn't eat all of them.  Above is a part of the stash I had leftover.


If you still have leftover Halloween candy in your trunk, here's a good use for the candy.  Yes, after my kids had traded each other for their favorite candies, the rest went into a big bag, and I put in the car trunk, to keep it safe:) Enjoy!

 Candy Bar Blondies  Adapted from Jennifer@ Bake or Break
Makes 16 (2-inch) bars 

Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups candy bars, chopped (about 10-12 miniature candy bars)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.
 Grease*** an 8-inch square baking pan.

Stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, and mix until well-blended.

In a small bowl, toss chopped candy bars with about 1/4 cup flour. Set aside.
Add remaining flour, baking powder and salt to butter/sugar mixture. Stir just until combined. Stir in chopped candy bars.

Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 28-32 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan before cutting into bars.

***Cook’s Note  Be sure to grease or spray the pan very well, so the melted candy doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.

I linked up my recipe to Brandie@The Country Cook's Weekend Potluck #42
 Stop by and say Hi to Brandie!




15 comments:

  1. Kids or not, I doubt that any peanut butter cup would survive around here to get baked into anything! :) But these do look really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita,
      You can use any candy bars of your choice. You'll get a surprise in every bite!

      Delete
  2. Yessss! love candy bars when used in any baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to bake with candy bars, too. There are so many possibilities, when you candy bars in baking:)

      Delete
  3. Mmmm no better way to use leftover candy my friend :)
    Yum!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uru,
      I agree with you, baking with leftover candy is the best!

      Delete
  4. These look outstanding, Becky! I love recipes like this!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy,
      Thank you! Anything that you bake with candy bars is a winner.

      Delete
  5. Absolute best way to use up leftover candy! I did the same thing :) Only no reeses' made it into mine... haha none survived past halloween

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina,
      I didn't give my hubby a chance to eat the Reese's. He ate all of the Kit Kats!

      Delete
  6. YUM!!! what a fabulous idea - I love this!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      Thank you! This is great way to use the leftover Halloween Candy.

      Delete
  7. I had a giggle over the candy in the trunk. It sure would be safer for it and my waistline in there. Love that you used the leftover candy for something so delish.

    ReplyDelete

Print friendly