Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Mediterranean Pasta Salad and More
For this particular salad, it has tri-color rotini, kalamata olives, red and yellow peppers, artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes, fresh basil, green onions, and we added cooked shrimp. You can also top with feta cheese, which I did not. The dressing was a Greek Vinaigrette with red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, a little balsamic vinegar, as well. We also served Lemon Strawberry Bread
Cherise's Banana Bread
1 1 lb box of your favorite pasta I used Tri-color rotini
1 red bell pepper cut in 1 inch slices
1 yellow bell pepper,cut in 1 inch slices
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half, or any type of fresh tomatoes
1 can of artichoke hearts
1 12 oz jar Kalamata olives, drained
1 cup chopped green or red onion
5 oz. crumbled Feta cheese, optional
1/2 c fresh basil, chopped or chiffonade
1/2 c, red wine vinegar
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1tsp of sugar to taste
1. Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions Do not overcook. Rinse with cold water and drain
2. Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, oregano, garlic powder. sugar in a large bowl.
3. Add cooked pasta, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, olives, tomatoes artichoke hearts, onions, and chopped basil.
4. Toss until well coated. cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Sprinkle Feta cheese on top of salad before serving Enjoy
And here is more. Recently I received this gracious award from Elisabeth's Food and Thrift Finds. I have been remiss in thanking her for this wonderful award. Thank you for thinking of me and sorry this recognition is belated. i appreciate the award so much!
And not but not least, I won this amazing cookbook by Joy Bauer of healthy recipes from Claudia @Blogs Got Heart and What's Cookin" Italian Style Cuisine. Thank you , Claudia!