Friday, April 15, 2011

Fight Back Brownies, and a Online Bake Sale Update!

Fight Back Brownies!  Yes, these are fighting words!  I'm fighting Cancer in my own way with the Online Bake Sale May.2nd. Sadly, I am adding two more names to my Relay page in memory of my neighbor, Renate Jennings, who passed away last week from lung cancer.  Then my husband's bosses' brother passed away from pancreatic cancer at 53 yrs. old, two weeks ago.

Last year at the Relay for Life my team, Life's a Beach, sold these Fight Back Brownies, so I wanted to post these now. These are also know as Hershey's syrup, or chocolate syrup brownies. They have very few ingredients and can be made and frosted in 25 minutes, a bonus for sure.  They are so moist and chocolaty. Or you can leave them plain or put powdered sugar on them.  I have made these for so many years for pot lucks, birthdays, graduations, new babies, confirmation, baptisms,picnics, family  reunions, family dinners, funerals, just because, and now to fight cancer!  I am also making these for the Online Bake Sale, unfrosted. .I made some for Renate's family to take over to them.yesterday! Make these for Lora, The Cake Duchess, who is recuperating from Cancer surgery, or anyone else that you know that has cancer, or in memory of of someone who lost the fight, and sign up to be a baker, bid at the auction, or just donate to  The American Cancer Society here.

Here is the updated list of Bakers for the Online Bake Sale, Monday, May 2nd, and counting..  I'm so excited, and I hope that you are too. I can't thank these people enough for their participation.  Together we can make this a success and Fight Back!


Kate from Diethood
Gina from spcookiequeen.com  Oatmeal, Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Natasha from My Saint John
Reese from  The New Art of Baking   Old Fashioned Ginger Snap Cookies
Chef Dennis from More Than a Mount Full  Chocolate Decadence Cookiies
Wendy from The Weekend Gourmet
Molly from Toffee Bits and Chocolate Chips Cocoa Brownies with Browned Butter
Charlie from Sweet Salty Spicy  Maple Pecan Quinoa Crunch Granola 
Kim from Liv Life  Limoncello
Jennifer from   Three Little Piglets
Debbie from SquirrellBakes Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sabrina from The Tomato Tart  Vegan Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
Lindsey from Gingerbread Bagels
Elisabeth from Food and Thrifts  Biscotti
My friend home town friend Maureen
and of course me, Becky,  Raspberry Dark Chocolate BarsChile Spiced-Mango Chocolate Chunk Cookies, and .Fight Back Brownies



Fight Back (Hershey's Syrup) Brownies  Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F

1 stick 1/2 c , unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
16 oz chocolate syrup
4 eggs
1 1/4 c flour
1 tsp vanilla

Grease a 15x10x1 pan.  Cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.  Beat in chocolate syrup, eggs, and vanilla, mix well. Add flour.  Mix well.  Pour batter, which will be thin, in prepared pan. Bake 17-20 min.
Remove from oven.
As the cake is baking, prepare the frosting, which you can put on the cake right out of the oven.  the frosting tastes like melted  ice cream.  Are you with me?

Chocolate Frosting

1/4 cup cocoa
5 Tbsp butter
5 tbsp milk
21/2 -3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Put powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.  In a small sauce pan combine. butter cocoa, and milk Heat until mixtures comes to just a boil, stirring constantly. Be careful not to let it scorch. Pour mixture over powdered sugar and beat until smooth  with an electric mixer. Spread warm frosting over warm brownies and you have heaven.  These brownies are so moist, and keep well, if they aren't eaten first.  They are very addictive and    freeze well.

27 comments:

  1. It's looking so good over here, I want to bid on all of them already. Keep up the good work, I'm going to share this again today for you.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous looking brownies, thanks so much on your first hand knowledge on lemons and the benefits! I appreciate your feedback and thrilled to hear of the success of your husband! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you!!! Keep it up! And great brownies! Hey, how did last Wednesday with your grandsons go? Did you guys make the cereal treats? ♥-K

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we frosted b-day cupcakes and put the sprinkles on. I think that they have to be a little for Rice Krispys and marshmallows:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, you are such an inspiration and just full of positive energy. Fantastic work! Your brownies look absolutely sensational. Your photos just leap out the screen in all their wicked temptation. I lost my aunt a few weeks' ago to Cancer, too, in UK. It's just awful. Keep up your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill- Thank you for your support. I certainly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't give up on me yet, Becky. Life is....complicated in my end of the world and I just don't know if I can add my name yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brownies are making my mouth water!! All that Hershey's goodness...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the name of these brownies. You gotta keep up that fighting spirit!! They sound amazing and they would brighten up anyone's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christiane,
    Thanks for the update. I'm not giving up on you!

    Kate-These brownies are the best!

    Brandie- Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine- Thank you for the wonderful award. I am so honored. I have been very busy with the Online Bake Sale, and haven't had time to post it.
    I may not get a chance until after the Bake sale is over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becky, I am so sorry for the loss of your friends.

    I love those chocolate syrup brownies...so moist and sweet...they are a family favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lizzy- Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sound great, I am hosting a linky party called Sunday Buffet, Your welcome to add these to the Buffet line! http://deedeesdelights.blogspot.com/p/sunday-buffet.html It be a great PR to get the word out I think!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can those brownies get any more moist?! They look absolutely delicious! I never though of using chocolate syrup before... will have to do it when I return to America!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Becky-I left a comment for you on your April 8th post, not realizing the date when I clicked over from your e-mail letter.
    I am so touched and honored that you are including Lora in this. I don't think I mentioned it to her, I will tomorrow, in case she doesn't know.
    Please check my comment to you on the previous post!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dee Dee- I did post the picture of the brownies, but i couldn't get it to link to this post.

    Joshua- You will have to try these amazing brownies,

    Elisabeth- I will check the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The picture of these brownies was so tempting that I just HAD to come check them out, and I'm so glad I did because you are making them for such a wonderful cause!

    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me, as well! These brownies would be perfect to share with my So Sweet Sundays linky party, so stop by and link up when you have a chance. :)

    morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have an amazing spirit! The online bale sale sounds like a superb idea. the brownies look mouth-watering

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Becky- I am so sorry for the loss of your friend Renate and your boss' brother. These brownies look incredible! Thank you for writing me while I was going throug those rough days...you ,sde me smile and I appreciate your support. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Becky, Those brownies look amazing. So chocolaty and decadent! I'm sure they will do wonderfully in the bake sale!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah yes...these look so good. Simple yet full of choocolate goodness. I'm so glad that you are doing this bakesale...I wish I could be a part of it, but next year, I plan on joining in. Thank you for sharing with me today. Your creations and your appreciation for good food and a full life are inspiring. It is always a pleasure to visit you. I hope you have a bountiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. drooling looking at your brownies Becky! come out really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Monet- I certainly understand. I'll plan on it next year! Have a great week!

    Suchi- Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good for you...I am glad to see you have such a great list of participants!! I will be blogging about it Monday in hopes of driving people to you!!

    Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! I have a linky party called A Themed Baker's Sunday where this weeks theme is Chocolate! I'd love for you to either link this recipe or another chocolatey deliciousness!! Hope to see you there!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/search/label/A%20Themed%20Bakers%20Sunday
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Print friendly