Monday, March 28, 2011

Pink Velvet Cupcakes and a Guest Baker

 You have all heard of the Red Velvet Cupcakes with very red cake, well these cupcakes have a much lighter color, a delicate pink, and they are so pretty and delicious. They are belated birthday wishes from my friend and Guest baker, Joanna.  She was so sweet and made these for me. Joanna is a wonderful baker, and loves to bake, especially with her new Artisan Mixer:)

 She adapted the recipe from Taste of Home . Joanna used Vanilla Butter Cream frosting, instead of the White Chocolate Ganache, which the original recipe used. She also used gel food coloring. but you could also use the pink paste color.  These cupcakes are perfect for any Princess birthday party, shower, or if you just want to feel all girly and giggly.  Thanks Joanna!


Pink Velvet Cupcakes from Taste of Home
Yields 24 cupcakes


Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1-1/4 cups sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
Directions
  • In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until
  • light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
  • addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking
  • soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk
  • beating well after each addition.
  • Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
  • 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
  • out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
  • racks to cool completely. 

Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting

1 cup, 2 sticks, butter softened
3-4 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Beat butter with mixer until fluffy.  Gradually beat in powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla, until desired consistency.  Frost or pipe on cupcakes.

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those look fantastic..I love how pretty in pink those are:) Great photos too!
    Thanks for sharing your guest with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute cupcakes!!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just can't beat a classic combo and these just look delicious. Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous looking cupcake. Love the pink sugar on top. thanks for sharing Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a perfect cupcake!! I much prefer the pink velvet! Your images are beautiful too!
    Thanks to Joanna for helping out with this post
    Cheers
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 8 near old niece would love these...and I know I would enjoy them too. Thank you for sharing with me. Visiting your blog brings me a measure of brightness. I hope you have a blessed week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the delicate pink! Girly treat indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of the comments. I appreciate them , more than you know:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know i am gonna make these for valentine's day next year.hehe. They are so cute and i love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, ive never heard of pink velvet cupcakes before, but they sound amazing, id love one with a tall glass of milk please! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you Joanna!! My daughter would go crazy for these girly cupcakes, she's all about the sugar on the top and anything pink. Nicely done, hope to see you back soon!!
    (Hi to you too Becky!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim- I'll pass the comments on to Joanna! Liv will have to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea of pink velvet! It looks lovely and I'm always put off by the extreme redness of red velvet. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool, pink velvet cupcakes are an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your comments, and they make me happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Joanna!!

    Oh goodness... this looks great!! Pink velvet cupcake... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great guest post, and those cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a vanilla girl more than chocolate so I adore these!

    ReplyDelete

Print friendly